Collection of Personal Data
- We collect two types of data from you, “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data”:
- Personal Data means any personally identifying data, from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained, which we may collect from you when you seek Services us us and include without limitation:
- Contact and identification information such as your name and your child’s name, your phone number, email address, address, date of birth, identification document numbers, copies of identification documents example Hong Kong identity card, passport, utility bills), personal description, photographs and similar contact information.
- Financial information such as the last four digits and expiry date of your debit card number, your card card number, bank account information, bank sort code, IBAN, payment reason, footprint of your credit history, and other similar financial information;
- Transaction information such as date, time, amount, currencies used, exchange rate, beneficiary details, details and location of the merchant or ATMs associated with the transaction, IP address of sender and receiver, senders and receivers’ names and registration information, as well as other similar transaction information;
- Demographic information such as your or your child’s age, gender, nationality, country and other similar demographic information;
- Security information such as passwords, password hints, security questions and answers and other similar security information;
- Device and technical information such as IP address, unique device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), device functionality (browser type and version, operating system and platform, hardware used, browser plug-in types and versions) and other similar device and technical information;
- Usage information such as the full uniform resource locators (URLs), information about page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), error reports and performance data (ie: details of the software or hardware related to an error, content of files you were using when an error occurred), troubleshooting and help data plus other similar usage information;
- Geographic information such as your device location which may include a street name and city or GPS- location, ISP or your mobile carrier, the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next and other similar location information. We use GPS technology and your IP address to determine your location – this may be used when the application is running in the foreground and the background of your device. Please also know that most devices allow you to prevent geographic information from being sent to us;
- Any other information you directly provide to us when filling out forms, corresponding with us (ie: email, conversations with us by phone or chat sessions), filling out surveys, providing us with feedback and product reviews and other similar information.
Use of Personal Data
- We use the Personal Data collected from our Services for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. We use your Personal Data to deliver our Services, such as processing your account application, processing your payments, provide analytics to you about your child’s behaviors, wishes (things they want to do) and other data;
- Maintain and improve our Services. We use your Personal Data to ensure our Services are working as intended and improve our Service offerings to you;
- Develop new services. We use the information collected to develop new services;
- Provide personalized Services, including content and ads. We use the information collected to personalize our Services for you including providing parent- child time recommendations, personalized content for you and your child;
- Measure performance. We use Google Analytics and other analytics software to analyze and measure to understand how our services are being used. This software may record information such as how often you or your child uses the application, events that occur within the application, aggregated usage and performance data;
- Communicate with you. We may directly contact you through the email address or phone number that you have provided. For instance, we will contact you if we want to understand the usage of the application, give advice for child to improve and recommend good parent-child time activities;
- Prevent fraud and complying with legal and regulatory requirements. We may use your Personal Data to analyze whether anyone is using our Services for improper or illegal purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- We may disclose the Personal Data collected to other members of our group of companies and to our subsidiaries.
Transfer of Personal Data outside Hong Kong
Retention of Personal Data
- We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the above purposes and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Third-party web services
- We may use third-party web services such as Google Analytics on our website and mobile application. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use our website and mobile application and make the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
Protection and storage of Personal Data
- We have implemented reasonable and practical security measures designed to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of your Personal Data under its control.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Access to information and contact
- If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data held by the relevant Gentle Kids Limited company(ies) for direct marketing, please contact the Personal Data Privacy Officer of Gentle Kids Limited at:
- Room 972, 9/F, 19W,
- Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation,
- Hong Kong
- Personal Data Privacy Officer (Marked Confidential)
- or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org